Olivia Palermo in Reiss
All Free People
Gap jeans (for a fabulous price too)!
This is always one of the hardest outfits to pull off. I've featured my pair of Michael Kors flare jeans (here), and I mentioned how it was the hardest pair of jeans to find something to wear with. Here is a ton of good tips on how to pull flare jeans off!
1. Pair your jeans with a silky top. It's the perfect way to take the jeans from laid back to sophisticated and chic. Try to pick a shirt with not many frills, like this Rebecca Minkoff one here.
2. Avoid flat shoes. Try to wear a cute pair of wooden chunky heels/wedges with the jeans. It makes your legs seem a whole lot longer but evens out the whole outfit. Try these shoes here.
3. If you're in the mood to be spontaneous, pair your jeans with a cropped top! This will even out the top and the bottom of the outfit and you will seem more proportionate. Make sure that the jeans come up high enough so that the cropped top will work and it won't be like a belly shirt. This cropped top here would be perfection. Free People also has a great assortment that would look fab with your pair of jeans.
4. Add a brown belt! I love brown leather belts. Look for solid, wide belts that look like they could be found at a vintage store. The leather belt would look even better with a pair of high-waisted jeans like these from Vanessa Bruno.
5. Color. I LOVE color being a teen and all. A classic pair of denim jeans is a must, but a fabulous pair of colored jeans is so fun! Add a pop of color (like pink jeans) and then even a colored top. This is a perfect time to color block! Personally, I would take a pair of pink or a different colored jean and pair it with a brown top and my purple Rebecca Minkoff bag! How fab! Here's a nice pair of red flare jeans.
P.S. Next post will be an outfit post! I'm leaving for three weeks tomorrow (gah, so scared!!) but I'm leaving it up to my amazing sister to go into my account and press "publish post." I've already warned her of the consequences if she doesn't post for me, hehe :)
You can follow my amazing adventures (I'm going to an acting camp in upstate New York) here.